The Resurrection Cathedral is considered to be one of the best architectural specimen of the XV century. The belfry of the temple was built in XIX century.
In the vicinity there is the Cathedral of St. Nicolas which was built in the late XIX century after the plans of an eminent architect K. Ton. In the 1880's the cathedral complex was completed with a carved fence with decorative corner towers. Now in the church the funds of Volokolamsk Historical and Architectural Museums are placed.
The exposition of the Kremlin covers the history of the region beginning from the IV century BC when the first residents came to the territory and finishing with dramatic events of the last century.