Another City - Home / News / The last village in Moscow - Terekhovo

The last village in Moscow - Terekhovo

Terekhovo is the last village in Moscow on the territory of Horoshevo-Mnevniki region. According to the government resolution, the village is planned to be demolished. Terekhovo has a long history. It was first mentioned in the cadasters of 1644-1646. Those days there were six yards and 11 residents in the village. At the end of the 18th century, the number of inhabitants reached 156. The village was plundered by the French army during the Patriotic War of 1812.

In the middle of the 19th century, its population reached 258 people. After the peasant reform of 1861, Terekhovo considerably expanded its territory, having 42 yards and 274 inhabitants in 1877. In the middle of 1860, a peasant Egorov arranged a small paper-painting factory there, which had about 20 workers.

At the end of 1940, Terekhovo was officially included in the territory of Moscow and avoided demolition, which was a serious threat for many villages of that time. The village became a part of the landscape protection area called "Mnevnikovskaya Flood Land", that is why it wasn't under threat of mass building.

In 2006 Terekhovo was put on the list of the villages, which would be totally reconstructed. Nowadays there are 31 houses and 87 inhabitants registered in the village. Some of well-to-do men from the nearest regions keep stables for their horses there.

The streets in Terekhovo don't have official names. Also, the village doesn't have water supply, sewerage and heating system. Fires often happen there, and the territory was fenced off from the highway. The residents continue to receive new apartments, but demolition works haven't begun yet. So you can still visit the last village in Moscow.

  • The nearest metro stations: Pionerskaya, Philevsky Park, Kuntsevskaya. 
    The main part of the village is located to the south from Nijnie Mnevniki Street.

Not far from the village, on Krylatsky bridge, you can enjoy a nice view of the city:

Author of the article and photos: superman2014

See other:

Graffiti Graffiti "A Moment of Inspiration" by Aber & Morik It is a work of two artists in Astrakhan lane, 8 (metro station "Prospekt Mira"). Подробнее...
St. George Ribbon Campaign in Moscow St. George Ribbon Campaign in Moscow The annual campaign to hand out St. George Ribbons in the run-up to the May 9 Victory in Europe Day started in Russia and more than 70 other countries. Подробнее...
V. V. Mayakovsky State Museum V. V. Mayakovsky State Museum V. V. Mayakovsky State Museum was founded in 1974 in the house, where the poet had lived from 1919 till 1930. It is located near the metro station “Lubyanka.” The museu... Подробнее...
Trees of Love Trees of Love You must have heard about trees with locks instead of leaves, though some of us certainly not. But it is not so important, because this post is for all of them. The fir... Подробнее...
Graffiti in Belyaevo District Graffiti in Belyaevo District On the blind side of the house in Belyaevo disytict one can find a new graffiti with poemgraphy made by one of the founders of Moscow Conceptualism Dmitry Prigov. Подробнее...

Our Friends

Specialist and job on the map

Unusual Moscow tours

Non-profit organization 'Medical Clowns'

Asthma Association

Search for Missing Children

Сharitable foundation "Happy world"

"Adoption in Russia" project

Metro for everybody

Culture. Services. News

Contact us