Another City - Home / Places / Others / The last village in Moscow - Terekhovo

The last village in Moscow - Terekhovo

Terekhovo is the last village in Moscow on the territory of Horoshevo-Mnevniki region. According to the government resolution, the village is planned to be demolished. Terekhovo has a long history. It was first mentioned in the cadasters of 1644-1646. Those days there were six yards and 11 residents in the village. At the end of the 18th century, the number of inhabitants reached 156. The village was plundered by the French army during the Patriotic War of 1812.


In the middle of the 19th century, its population reached 258 people. After the peasant reform of 1861, Terekhovo considerably expanded its territory, having 42 yards and 274 inhabitants in 1877. In the middle of 1860, a peasant Egorov arranged a small paper-painting factory there, which had about 20 workers.

At the end of 1940, Terekhovo was officially included in the territory of Moscow and avoided demolition, which was a serious threat for many villages of that time. The village became a part of the landscape protection area called "Mnevnikovskaya Flood Land", that is why it wasn't under threat of mass building.

In 2006 Terekhovo was put on the list of the villages, which would be totally reconstructed. Nowadays there are 31 houses and 87 inhabitants registered in the village. Some of well-to-do men from the nearest regions keep stables for their horses there.

The streets in Terekhovo don't have official names. Also, the village doesn't have water supply, sewerage and heating system. Fires often happen there, and the territory was fenced off from the highway. The residents continue to receive new apartments, but demolition works haven't begun yet. So you can still visit the last village in Moscow.

  • The nearest metro stations: Pionerskaya, Philevsky Park, Kuntsevskaya. 
    The main part of the village is located to the south from Nijnie Mnevniki Street.

Not far from the village, on Krylatsky bridge, you can enjoy a nice view of the city:

Author of the article and photos: superman2014

See other:

Old Donskoe Cemetery Old Donskoe Cemetery The cemetery appeared in 1591 on the terratory of Donskoy Monastery. It is located in the south-west of Moscow, in Donskoy area of the Southern administrative district.... Подробнее...
Boris - a passerby from the past Boris - a passerby from the past Every time drivers, who are stuck in endless traffic jams at the beginning of Leninskiy Prospect on the side of Universitetskiy Prospect, can observe how a fellow is ju... Подробнее...
Street Lamps in Bolshoy Spasoglinishevsky Lane Street Lamps in Bolshoy Spasoglinishevsky Lane I have found all these street lamps in one of Moscow lanes. It is a rare case to see so many different lamps on a small territory of the city. Bolshoy Spasoglinishevsky... Подробнее...
Old Pigeon-House Old Pigeon-House Not far from Kitay-Gorod metro station and Ivanovskaya Gorka, there is an old pigeon-house in the former doorkeeper's lodge built in 1900. The lodge is located near the... Подробнее...
Vvedenskoye Cemetery Vvedenskoye Cemetery Vvedenskoye Cemetery or German Cemetery is one of the oldest cemeteries in Moscow. It was founded during the Black Death epidemic in 1771 and was initially intended for... Подробнее...

Our Friends


Specialist and job on the map www.profikarta.ru

Unusual Moscow tours www.stepbystep-msk.ru

Non-profit organization 'Medical Clowns'

Asthma Association Astmatik.net

Search for Missing Children www.lizaalert.org

Сharitable foundation "Happy world" www.hworldfund.ru

"Adoption in Russia" project www.usynovite.ru

Metro for everybody www.metro4all.ru

Culture. Services. News www.optimistclub.ru

Contact us

E-mail: admin@anothercity.ru